Everyone makes mistakes in life. If we didn’t, we wouldn’t be human. But our mistakes are really not the problem. The problem is that we let our mistakes blind us to our God-given purpose. Then depression sets in, and we lose sight of what God has planned for us. We begin to see ourselves and our future the way the enemy wants us to instead of the way God sees us.
Matthew 6:22 and 23 says that if our heart (imagination) sees nothing but failure and defeat, every aspect of our spiritual, emotional and physical life will be negatively affected.
Proverbs 13:12 puts it this way: “Hope deferred makes the heart sick.” Hopelessness is a negative, devastating force. It always depresses and always makes your spirit sick. That’s important because, as your spirit goes, so goes your whole life!
But depression hides. Many people don’t realize that they are depressed and spiritually sick. Worse yet, they do know it, but instead of treating the root of their depression, they treat the symptoms with solutions that can’t offer permanent relief. We have to deal with the roots to get free from its fruits. Take pointers from someone who was bound by depression and is now set free—me.
You have God’s nature inside you and, when it flows out, it will change your world.
- Stay focused on the reason you’re still here. Fight the temptation to think it’s too late for you. God has kept you for such a time as this! You’re not disqualified from fulfilling His purpose for your life in spite of what you feel, have done or been through. You have God’s nature inside you and, when it flows out, it will change your world.
- Get God’s vision up and running again in your thoughts and imagination. It takes courage to believe God’s big plans for you, but start to dream again. God uses your dreams to accomplish His plan. He has not changed his mind about what He wants to do in and through you.
- Depression is an enemy that has already been defeated by Jesus. You don’t have to live in hopelessness and despair. And don’t dare accept it as your life sentence.
- Your mistakes never disqualify you from God’s purpose. Some people never get over their past failures, and they are consumed by them. God specializes in impossibilities! Dismantle the false boundaries you’ve erected in your mind because of your past. You are never beyond God’s reach.
- Finally, place your hope in His promises—not the circumstances or the natural boundaries that surround you. God is not limited by temporary circumstances or even natural law.
Dream BIG. Hopelessness often comes because we have set our sights too low. God’s purposes are incredible! If your dream is attainable by your natural efforts, then it isn’t from God. Why? Because He reaches way beyond the normal and the attainable into the impossible and supernatural!
Break the spirit of depression today by daring to dream BIG. Let hope arise in your heart. Your past mistakes can never cancel God’s awesome purposes for your life. Start living your dream today.