Yes, you heard me right! The bad news you heard about yourself, about your destiny and simply accepted as fact is WRONG! We are quick to believe the lies the enemy speaks about us instead of hanging on to the promises God gives us. The voice of our circumstance shouts louder than the voice of God’s dreams and visions in us.
In spite of how things look to you, God holds on to the promises He redeemed for you. They are not lost or gone forever. They’re on God’s lay-away plan, waiting for you to claim them. The bill can be paid in full by completely trusting in God’s word, no matter how long ago He spoke it to you. God’s word has a voice. You need to pay more attention to it than natural circumstances that are changeable.
In Isaiah 53:1 the prophet cried out, “Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?” That’s the question God still asks today. Your enemy wants you to believe that all is lost and you’ll just have to live without the things God promised.
David heard the same hateful voice of the enemy as he faced Goliath, but experience had taught him differently. As a shepherd boy, he had killed a lion and a bear that broke into his sheep fold. In spite of seemingly overwhelming circumstances, David rose up, pursued the predator and found that God had prevented their strong jaws from crushing the frail lamb. Why? Because the lamb belonged to David! And when David confronted Goliath, he was able to be bold because of his experience with the lion and bear.
God has given you irrevocable promises concerning your marriage, finances, career, ministry opportunities, your health, etc. The promises haven’t come to pass yet, and it appears they never will. But that’s exactly what the lion wants you to believe so you won’t pursue him.
The bad news says your dreams are in the lion’s mouth, but that news is wrong. God didn’t let the devil kill your dream and consume what He has redeemed for you.
In this New Year, I encourage you to take the following simple steps to fully recover what belongs to you, just like David:
1. Stop seeing yourself as a victim. You have the power to control your circumstances and not be controlled by them.
2. Believe God’s promises and acknowledge the integrity of His word. Thank Him for them and ask Him to forgive your unbelief.
3. Practice selective hearing! Stop listening to all the lies and negative voices. Instead, tune in to God’s voice of truth.
4. Start pursuing your God-given promises. Ask God for His strategy to recover what’s been stolen. You will recover all, but you need to let Him order your steps as your pursue it.
5. Finally, don’t look back. Stay focused on restoring what seemed stolen. God’s good news is THE BAD NEWS IS WRONG!
We love to hear from you! If this post has blessed you, please take a moment to let us know by commenting below.